عرض مشاركة مفردة
قديم 08-09-2008
Faith-Hope_Love Faith-Hope_Love غير متصل

تاريخ التّسجيل: Jul 2008
المشاركات: 35
Faith-Hope_Love is on a distinguished road
مشاركة: Was Barack Obama a Muslim?

Hi Ibrahim

It looks like you and I have crossed purposes, in so many way, in only one post, that it's almost funny. I've put words in your mouth, in most cases unintentionally, and i'm sorry for that.

You said that

This is your opinion, but unfortunately not the opinion of most of the Muslim clergy

I admit, there are some peaceful sects within islam like sufi's ... but not Sunnis or Shiites

True true, and it seems that you and I agree that a reasonable method to judge islam is by what it does not what it says (or not only what it says) because there are plenty of contradictions within islam and between different sects of it.

On my view of the new testament being occasionally sexist, yes, it is a subjective judgement, absolutely. That's not fact, that's my opinion.

Who said that I blame Muslims .... absolutely not
I blame Islam the ideology
Muslims are just victims by inheritance

It looks like you and I agree on this as well.
Here I was either misunderstood, or I just flatly put words in your mouth.

I really didn't mean to put words in your mouth there, I'm sorry for that. I was using the word 'blame' in a passive sense. Rather than using the verb 'blame', I should probably have used the more passive third person 'can't be blamed, can't be credited' or 'not responsible for writing', or just write what I wrote differently.

Next,

But you say that islam itself is violent,

That not exactly what I said
I said

إقتباس:
Islam as an ideology that condone terror and violence

Same diff. If a religion, political point of view or any other ideology condones violence then it is in itself violent, even if that's only one of its many values, but I have to apologise here for, seemingly, putting words in your mouth, again i didn't mean to.

Finally

who don't practice violence are somehow non-perfect or non-complete muslims,
Where did I say that
I think u better quote from my post than saying things that I didn't say

This you definitely didn't say, and I again apologise for putting words in your mouth, but I synthesised this from two things you said earlier. I'll tell you how I did that and you tell me where i went wrong.

1. islam is a violent ideology, (or just condones violence)
2. not all muslims may practice violence but that's only a detail, islam condones violence

It seems to me that a person that practices more of their religion's ideals is a more complete muslim, or more perfect muslim. Kind of like the way that people want to complete or improve themselves in christianity by practicing christian things.
الرد مع إقتباس