عرض مشاركة مفردة
قديم 28-02-2004
stavro stavro غير متصل

تاريخ التّسجيل: Oct 2003
المشاركات: 135
stavro is on a distinguished road
I saw the movie. It is a good movie, it shows the way to the Calvary (Gulgutha( in a way no other movie did.
I would have loved if the resurrection scene , which was about 2 minutes, would have been longer, but I am also fair to say that Mel Gibson in any movie, it is his personal experience and what really moved him. He is to be praised for his great directing, for his great casting, for his choice to defy the Jews and the Artificial
christians and show the crucifixion as it was.
Of course, like in a hymn, a song, a contemplation on the Bible, every one has his own experience. and this is the personal experience of Mel Gibson. "Tagruba sateya"

I didn''t in the movie, I was moved by the scene of St.Mary supporting Jesus during one of the many falls he talk carrying the cross and reflecting back on his childhood when she was taking care of him as a child.

It is brutal, but the crucificixion was very brutal.

I am surprised by those who claimed the movie to be anti-Semitic. It was very forgiving for the Jews. It was "anti-Romans", it showed the Romans as savage people, which they might have been as we read from the Arena accounts.

A very good movie indeed. But note that the scope of the movie is the Cross, so no miracles or powerful trasnfiguration like in "Jesus of Nazareth" or any other movies. Look at the movie from the scope it handles.

And there was nothing wrong with any dogma. The movie is not Catholic in any way. It put a lot of emphasis on St.Mary role, but I , as an Orthodox, also venerate the Ever-Virgin and I am happy that those who deny her the position she has get to see her in her sadest and finest hour.

I was happy that the movie made a link with the EUcharist and the Cross. That is why it is not very welcomed by other denominations.

In the end, I don;t think it will be played in Egypt. No way, but it will be smuggled, like the other movies like "JESUS", "JESUS OF NAZARETH, "THE GREATEST STORY EVER TOLD", BEN HUR, THE TEN COMMANDMANTS, QUO VAS DIS, PAUL AND PETER, .....

The movie is for christians. It is against the artificail christianity, the christianity without a Cross which is common in the West now. It goes back to the basic event in the Christian life.

God bless and sorry for writing in English. I am tired of writing on virtual keyboards.

Peace,
Stavro

آخر تعديل بواسطة stavro ، 28-02-2004 الساعة 08:18 PM
الرد مع إقتباس