عرض مشاركة مفردة
قديم 01-04-2007
joojoo joojoo غير متصل

تاريخ التّسجيل: Oct 2005
المشاركات: 63
joojoo is on a distinguished road
Candidates interview preparation:
As the candidate your objective is to satisfy the interviewer's objective, as well as learn those things you need to know about the position and the company so that you can make an intelligent decision about the job - and keep focused on "Getting a job offer."

OVERVIEW
• A navy blue or dark suit is appropriate for most positions.
• White or pale shirt, freshly laundered and well pressed.
•A quiet tie with a subtle design and a hint of red.
• Shined shoes, over the calf dark socks.
• Minimal jewelry, and mild light fragrances only.

KNOW YOURSELF

Honestly assess your employment background and develop explanations for any weak points.
Prepare a list of tough questions that may be asked, then develop answers to those questions.

• Why are you considering a career change at this time?
• What are your strengths? What are your weaknesses?
• What do you like the most/least about your current job?
• Why should we hire you?

Many of these questions are aimed at finding out if you have the qualities sought. Support your answers with specific examples to open ended or complex questions.

RESEARCH THE COMPANY

Researching the company is necessary to learn as much as possible to ensure the prospective job is a good fit for you - and, equally important, to impress the people with whom you'll interview. Utilize the library to review annual reports, trade magazines and newspaper articles. The Internet offers a wealth of company information and industry statistics.

• Find their homepage.
• Follow the company's stock price if it's publicly traded.
• Know the company's products and services.
• Be prepared to tell the interviewer why their company is attractive to you.
• Talk with company employees.
• Talk to customers of the company.

The account executive will provide an interview timetable, including names and titles of persons with whom you'll be talking. Solid company research will enable you to confidently say at the end of your interview "I'm interested in pursuing this opportunity, what's the next step?"
THE INTERVIEW ITSELF
Interviewing can be a stressful situation, you want to be yourself and really show your capabilities. Here are some simple suggestions that we've developed that will make interviewing easier.

A typical sequence of events is:

• Arrive no earlier than fifteen minutes before the set time, but no later than five minutes prior to the interview.
• Interview with personnel (general questions, review of the company and their benefits.)
• You may be asked to fill out an application.

•• Complete the form in full and leave no blanks.
•• Do not write "see resume" as a response to any application question.
•• Respond to "expected salary" questions as "open" and answer "current salary" questions truthfully.
•• List references if requested (you should have this prepared on a separate sheet and should be taken to all interviews).
•• Your recruiter's name should be your response to any "referred by" questions.

• Interview with immediate supervisor and peers.
• Interview with the hiring authority (manager, etc.) •
• Shake hands firmly and maintain eye contact with all interviewers.
• Be yourself. Poise, confidence and self-respect are of great importance.
• Plant Tour- Be an ACTIVE participant. Ask questions, show interest and interact!

REMEMBER: Everyone gives feedback. So, be polite to secretaries, receptionists and all administrative staff.

MORE BASICS

The interview should be a two-way conversation. Ask questions of the interviewers. This shows your interest in the company and the position, and enables you to gather the right information to make an intelligent decision afterwards. Personnel will usually provide company and benefits information. The interviewers are trying to see how you can contribute to the company. Conduct yourself with confidence and determination to get the job. Sell yourself. You must present a positive attitude to the prospective employer. You must NOT seem disinterested or appear to be job shopping.

TYPICAL INTERVIEW QUESTIONS AND RESPONSES

You should give complete but brief and relaxed answers to questions. When possible use questions as a basis for developing information that you want to make sure is presented. Continue to sell yourself in a positive way.

• Describe current/past jobs in terms of duties and give indicators of good performance such as raises, sales volume, promotions, money saving ideas/projects.
• Include short stories involving problems or challenges and how you were able to solve or overcome them.
• Describe the results you achieved.
• Remember to keep your answers brief and focused while exploring opportunities to convey all relevant qualifications.

BACKGROUND QUESTIONS

"Tell me about yourself."

• Answer these questions in terms of the qualifications required of the position.
• Keep responses concise and brief and avoid being negative about previous jobs and bosses. •
•The "Tell Me" question means "tell me your qualifications." Start with your education and discuss your employment experiences.
• Gear the response to the duties and responsibilities of the position you are interviewing for.

"What are your greatest strengths?"

• Keep this as job related as possible by relating to a job task/skill that you know to be an asset of yours.
• "I like people" is not a good answer.

SALARY QUESTIONS

• Do not state a starting figure. A suitable reply: "I am looking for the right opportunity and I am confident that if you find me to be the best candidate for this position you will extend me your best and fair offer."
• State your current salary truthfully. If you are due to a raise in the next three months state the approximate percentage you expect. Be sure to explain that you have included bonuses, commissions, and overtime pay if applicable.

MOTIVE QUESTIONS

• What can you contribute to this company?
• Where do you hope to be in five years?
• What interests you most about this position?

This type of question should be answered enthusiastically. Show the interviewer you are interested in the position and relate the answers to the duties and responsibilities of the job.

آخر تعديل بواسطة servant4 ، 03-04-2007 الساعة 04:05 PM
الرد مع إقتباس