عرض مشاركة مفردة
قديم 07-09-2008
Faith-Hope_Love Faith-Hope_Love غير متصل

تاريخ التّسجيل: Jul 2008
المشاركات: 35
Faith-Hope_Love is on a distinguished road
مشاركة: Was Barack Obama a Muslim?

Hi Ibrahim

well it's true that the koran has calls to violence in it, but I still give weight to practice over theory.

If you read the old testament as literally as you read the koran then jews today would have a duty to do violent things like stoning people for not observing the sabbath, and stoning kids for being disobedient. This is not actually done, I wouldn't go calling judaism 'a barbaric ideology'.

You can read the new testament, especially st paul, and still come out respecting women, but only after some heavy interpretation. Which is partly why I don't think that christianity is 'a mysogynistic ideology', but i still slightly cringe when i hear it being read at weddings.

And you can't really blame muslims (or give them any credit) for what's written in their book, very few people in history have had the luxury of writing their own scrpture.

But you say that islam itself is violent, and that the majority, who don't practice violence are somehow non-perfect or non-complete muslims, and this could be proven from the book, but what do you say to hundreds of millions who believe that they are just fine muslims without violence, and they're not aspiring to jihad, that they're wrong? Should they perhaps be teaching their children violence so that their kids can be better muslims than their parents? should they give up islam altogether? or is there an option im missing here.

Oh yes, and why did they start the muslim brotherhood ?
الرد مع إقتباس