الصورة الرمزية لـ amoni
amoni amoni غير متصل
Gold User

تاريخ التّسجيل: Nov 2003
الإقامة: في قلب مسيحي
المشاركات: 1,626
amoni is on a distinguished road
Religion (M.G)

Well, i have been searching through the books,, for the past 4 months (the forum was closed) about how the world view the meaning of religion itself, or the meaning of God, (another thing is What do u think of when somebody tells u God)
Take a moment to answer that question first and screw down for more answers

Why do we have religion? Why do we need religion? Human kind can be so noble and at the sometime we can be so evil but still why do we need religion?
We believe that human kind is the most important being in the universe and yet we are so small in comparison.
in the context, religion is one of the greatest human efforts in order to answer all these questions.
We could also ask: is religion a human invention or has it come from beyond our reality?
in a very simplistic way in order to answer such question one must ask, do u believe in God?
if you believe in God , whoever it might be, you do not need an explanation
if you do not believe in God, you need an explaination
Religion provides some of our human needs
1. we have a need to deal with death, our own mortality, with the pain it provokes.
2. Religion can provide peace of mind in the midest of difficult situations
3. Most people look for the spiritual world, when they do not find answers to their questions
4. Humans as general consider as "social beings" and religion provide a community for every human being (church, temple)
as a community
5. Human beings also have the need to express themselves through artisitic meanings, for example music, paintaings (icons)
Religion does have a function within our human lives and that is to supply an explation about our human condition
it helps us relate to planet we live in as well as to the universe we belong to.
Some scholars have suggested that religion is a human attempt to feel more secure in an unsecure universe.
Examples of those scholars
1. E.B Taylors an english anthropologist suggested that religion is related to the seeing of spiritis, in ancient times ppl fear these spiritis, therefore they tried to please them
2. James Frazier scottish was especially interested in the study of myth, he wrote the golden bought book,(you could find that book in amazon.com if u want to, it is about 20 bucks)he believed that religion come into existence for the purpose of controling such a spirits, he believed religion was an early attempt to influence nature, an intermediate stage between magic and science
3. Sigmand Freud (my favorite)
He is knows as the father of psychonalysis, he believed that god are only an illusion, he means an adult protection fromchildhood experience. Freud believed that the child insecurities are projected into the adult by the creation of the concept of a heavenly father, and his work in religion are in his books (totem and taboo and moses)
4. Williams james a philospopher and psychologist from Ireland, believed that the mind ahs great influence on the body, religion has a very postive way of fulfilling needs, (an assurance of safety)
the reason of religion in his point of view is growing out of psychological needs.
5. rudolf otto, was a german philospher, theologian
he believed that religion emerges out of mystery of fear, in his mind we take life for granted(we assume we will live forever)every now and then, something happens that disturbs our ordinary life, we tremble and feel fascination by these strange elements in this context, religion is created out of our own experience out of mysterious force.
6. Carl Gustar Jung, he was a disciple of freud
he broke a way with him due to basic disparities interpretations.
Religion was something that grew out of the individual need to arrive at personal fulfillment.
This is called individualist, he believed that religion could be used to help ppl understand their place in the universe and prepare them for death. he believed religion was a noble human respond the the complexity of reality
7. William schmidt, he believed that all humanity at one point believed in one supreme God, later on ppl began adding lesser gods and spirtis,
religion could have developed from animism
ppl thought he was convincing the scholars to justifiy christanity

God bless you all, and the rest to come,
el bakya ta2ty, i hope u like it, waiting for ur regards about what i wrote,,