عرض مشاركة مفردة
قديم 21-04-2005
Mena0064 Mena0064 غير متصل

تاريخ التّسجيل: Mar 2003
المشاركات: 526
Mena0064 is on a distinguished road
إقتباس:
المشاركة الأصلية بواسطة copticpride
Ask those who have invented the wrong theology and ask them to refrain or reverse them, but to blame the Orthodox for what is clearly not their mistake is hard to grasp.

The last sentence in your post suggests that you would compromise certain fundamentals for the sake of politics, which is a pragmatic approach that is not called for in religion or in the Church when we deal with the faith.
I totally understand your point of view but I think you misundertood mine. I nver sugeested that we "give up" our theological beleifs but I also expect us to put christ's teaching before that and turn the other cheek.
Let me simplify, do you not go to the funeral of a freind or a neighbour if he is a muslim? does that mean you are comprimising you beleifs in any way? how is that different from the situation at hand?
Did out church leader not go to funerals of state figurues or even muslim figures? is Pope John Paul worse than these?

I don't ask you to agree but I hope I made my point clearer.
I am starting to beleive that if the copts were a mojority in Egypt, the muslims would be suffering the same at our hands as we do now, so maybe being a minority is Just God's plan to save us from our own selves.

I will participate no more in this thread. thank you.