الموضوع: Muhammad Exposed
عرض مشاركة مفردة
قديم 02-03-2006
jesus_4_us jesus_4_us غير متصل

تاريخ التّسجيل: May 2004
الإقامة: Waiting_4_ place in the Heaven
المشاركات: 858
jesus_4_us is on a distinguished road
"For I wrote you out of great distress and anguish of heart and with many tears, not to grieve you but to let you know the depth of my love for you. If anyone has caused grief, he has not so much grieved me as he has grieved all of you, to some extent -not to put it too severely. The punishment inflicted on him by the majority is sufficient for him. Now instead, you ought to forgive and comfort him, so that he will not be overwhelmed by excessive sorrow. I urge you, therefore, to reaffirm your love for him. The reason I wrote you was to see if you would stand the test and be obedient in everything. If you forgive anyone, I also forgive him. And what I have forgiven -if there was anything to forgive -I have forgiven in the sight of Christ for your sake, in order that Satan might not outwit us. For we are not unaware of his schemes." 2 Corinthians 2:4-11

"Even if I caused you sorrow by my letter, I do not regret it. Though I did regret it -I see that my

letter hurt you, but only for a little while -yet now I am happy, not because you were made sorry,

but because your sorrow led you to repentance. For you became sorrowful as God intended and so were not harmed in any way by us. Godly sorrow brings repentance that leads to salvation and leaves no regret, but worldly sorrow brings death. See what this godly sorrow has produced in you: what earnestness, what eagerness to clear yourselves, what indignation, what alarm, what longing, what concern, what readiness to see justice done. At every point you have proved yourselves to be innocent in this matter. So even though I wrote to you, it was not on account of the one who did the wrong or of the injured party, but rather that before God you could see for yourselves how devoted to us you are. By all this we are encouraged." 2 Corinthians 7:8-13

"We hear that some among you are idle. They are not busy; they are busybodies. Such people we command and urge in the Lord Jesus Christ to settle down and earn the bread they eat. And as for

you, brothers, never tire of doing what is right. If anyone does not obey our instruction in this letter, take special note of him. Do not associate with him, IN ORDER THAT HE MAY FEEL ASHAMED. Yet do not regard him as an enemy, but warn him as a brother." 2 Thessalonians 3:11-15

"All ******ure is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, REBUKING, CORRECTINNG and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work." 2 Timothy 3:16-17

"In the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who will judge the living and the dead, and in view of his appearing and his kingdom, I give you this charge: Preach the Word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage -with great patience and careful instruction. For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths. But you, keep your head in all situations, endure hardship, do the work of an evangelist, discharge all the duties of your ministry." 2 Timothy 4:1-5

These passages make it abundantly clear that discipline, rebuking and even disfellowshiping believers are necessary at times and are essential aspects of the Christian life and experience. Since Mark was clearly wrong for abandoning Paul and Barnabas, as the author himself will later note, Paul was therefore justified in administering discipline. Yet note that Paul's purpose in disciplining and rebuking a wayward Christian was to lead them back to repentance and right standing before God and the Church. As we shall see, this is precisely what happened with Mark. More on this below.

The author of the article under discussion has, however, his own agenda.
الرد مع إقتباس