عرض مشاركة مفردة
قديم 01-04-2007
joojoo joojoo غير متصل

تاريخ التّسجيل: Oct 2005
المشاركات: 63
joojoo is on a distinguished road
Why have you had so many jobs?

Bad Answer: I get bored easily.

Tip: Give acceptable reasons (frequent moves, changes in personal goals, etc.), but focus on the fact that you're ready for a permanent position now, which is what they are really concerned about.

Better Answer: When I was younger, I decided to sample a wide variety of careers. That way, when I was ready to choose a career path I would be absolutely certain that I had found the right one for the long-term future. Now I've settled on this industry, and that's why I'm here today.

What are your strengths?

Bad Answer: I can burp on demand and keep a straight face when telling a lie.

Tip: Discuss three or four of your strengths as they relate to the position you are interviewing for, and give examples of times they have helped you do your work.

Better Answer: I have a really good eye for detail, and in the past, I have caught critical mistakes before they happened. When I worked for ABC Company, I helped the company avoid a few catastrophes this way, so they started routing orders through my office to check even though I wasn't working in the orders department. Of course, I'd be happy to apply this skill in any way you feel is suitable in this company. Another strength I can offer an employer is...

What is your biggest weakness?

Bad Answer: Wow, it's hard to pick just one. I miss deadlines, I'm late for work a lot, I have trouble working in teams, I don't have good attention to detail. I guess the biggest one is that I'm lazy. But at least I'm honest.

Tip: Admit a minor weakness and explain what you're doing to fix it.

Better Answer: I sometimes feel impatient with co-workers who don't work as quickly as I do. However, I've been reading books about teamwork. I'm learning a lot about people's different work styles, and I'm trying new techniques such as helping co-workers brainstorm solutions when they're facing a challenge.

Why should I hire you?

Bad Answer: I need the money to pay off my gambling debts.

Tip: This is your chance to reiterate your skills and relate them to the position you are applying for.

Better Answer: When I read your ad, I couldn't have imagined a better match for my skills and experience than this job. Now that I have spoken with you, and learned more about your needs, I'm even more certain that I'm the right candidate. I know that I can hit the ground running and exceed your expectations because of my experience with...

What are your short-term and long-term goals?

Bad Answer: Considering how hungover I am, my short-term goal is to make it through this interview. Long-term, I hope to quit my job within a couple of years and become a ski bum.

Tip: Sometimes employers ask this because they want to know whether you are looking at their company for long-term employment or simply a short-term job until something "better" comes along. Other employers want to judge your ability to plan for the future. Most employers do not want to hear that in five years you hope to be retired or plan to start your own business. Your short-term goals should involve getting hired into the right position; long term is where you want to go in your profession.

Better Answer: Short-term, I'd like to find a position where I can build a solid clientele of return clients. I enjoy building relationships with clients who come back year after year for service and advice. Long-term, I can see myself taking some additional training over the next few years, and applying for a more senior position here once I have the right combination of experience and education

آخر تعديل بواسطة servant4 ، 03-04-2007 الساعة 04:01 PM
الرد مع إقتباس