عرض مشاركة مفردة
قديم 11-05-2003
koukikou koukikou غير متصل

تاريخ التّسجيل: Mar 2003
المشاركات: 288
koukikou is on a distinguished road
I am glad you liked it Star, and here is another one:

BEST FRIENDS
In a small farming town in Oklahoma, there lived a poor young boy named Andy who followed the same route to and from school everyday. He had to cross some rugged terrain and a dangerous highway where vehicles recklessly drove to and fro. The boy would take this shortcut each school day, giving him time to slip into church, just to say "Hi" to Jesus, and faithfully say his morning prayers. The pastor of the church found Andy's sincerity and innocence quite uplifting, however, watching Andy cross the busy highway gave the pastor cause for concern. "Andy," he advised, "please do not cross that highway alone anymore. From now on, you can pass through the Church and then I will accompany you across the road. That way I can see that you get across safely." "Thank you Pastor. I like to come in and say "Hi" to my best friend, Jesus!" The pastor would leave the boy to spend time praying by himself beside the altar, but he often overheard what the boy had to say. "My math exam was pretty bad today, but you know I didn't cheat--even though my classmate had his answers right there for me to see!" "Dad's had a bad farming season so far this year but I thank you for the food you always provide for us!" "Thanks for showing me that poor kitten who was hungry! Mom let me give it some milk." Some people say we'll have a really hard season, and some of my classmates have even had to stop going to school to help with their farms .. Please help them get to school again, please, Jesus?" "I hope you forgive Dad for hitting me again. It really doesn't hurt that much and at least I still have a Dad ... so many of my buddies don't." "I know you can heal everything so please help Dad... he's tired and he worries a lot about putting food on our table and all, that's why he gets upset and drinks too much sometimes." I know you think I'm in love with that pretty new girl in my class, Anita ... do you think she likes me? Anyway, at least I know you will always like me, no matter what. I don't have to be anybody special to please you, you're my best friend!" "Hey, your birthday is just one week from today! Aren't you excited? I am! Wait till you see the I have for you ... it's a surprise! I hope you'll like it! Oooops, it's time to go... "After he talked to Jesus, he always stood up and called out, "Pastor, I'm finished talking to my best friend ... do you want to go with me to the other side of the road now?" This routine took place every school day. Andy never failed to visit the church. Pastor Thompson had never before seen such pure faith and trust in God and such a sweet, positive outlook under such negative circumstances. The day before Christmas, Pastor Thompson became ill and was taken to the hospital. The church was left to a substitute Pastor who had little patience for interruptions. He didn't smile and he always found fault in what other people were doing. On Christmas Day, he was in the Pastor's study when Andy playfully dashed into the church calling out, "Hi, Jesus, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!" "What are you doing bursting in here, boy!" the pastor yelled out angrily. Poor Andy was terrified. "Wh-where's Pastor Thompson? He always helps me cross the street...I'm sorry, I just came in to say hi to Jesus--it's His birthday, I have a right here for him and..." Just as he was about to get the out of his shirt, the pastor grabbed Andy by the shoulder and pushed him toward the door of the church. "I can't be bothered with foolishness right now -- I am preparing my sermon for the Christmas service tonight. From now on, you'd better be more reverent when you enter this church!!" the man yelled as he slammed the door behind Andy. The boy tearfully began to make his way across the road in front of the church by himself. As he crossed the centerline, a fast moving bus swerved around the blind curve. .
The boy was busy protecting the special inside his shirt and there was no time to run. He never knew what hit him--Andy died immediately from the impact. As people crowded around the crumpled body of the lifeless young boy, a tall man appeared. He was wearing a pure white shirt and had a face so kind and gentle with loving, dark eyes that were filled with tears. He stooped down and lifted the boy easily. He cried as he carried the boy away from the curious crowd. Bystanders nudged the man in white and asked, "Excuse me, sir, are you related to the child? Do you know him?". The man in white whispered, "This child was one of my best friends." he looked fondly at the poorly wrapped sticking out from the shirt of the lifeless boy, and it touched his heart. He smiled as he carried the boy away and they both disappeared from sight. On New Years Eve, when Pastor Thompson returned home from the hospital, he heard the shocking news. He called Andy's parents to ask them about the man in white he had been told about. "How did you find out about Andy?" "A man brought him here," sobbed the mother. "What did he say?" The father answered thoughtfully, "He didn't really say anything. He was quite somber and seemed devastated by Andy's death, as if he knew our son very well. There was something so peaceful about him, though. He brought Andy to us and prayed with us before he left." Andy's Mom said, "He rubbed my son's hair away from his face and kissed him on his forehead, then he whispered, "Thank you for the , Andy... you will be with me..." and the father of the boy continued, And you know, it felt so wonderful ... I can't explain it ... I tried, but I didn't feel sad, I don't know ... I guess they were tears of joy .. When that man was here, something peaceful came over me, I felt a deep sense of love inside... I couldn't explain the joy in my heart ... I just knew my boy was in heaven ... but, tell me, who was that man that my son talked to everyday in your church ... you had to know ... you were there...". Pastor Thompson felt the tears welling in his eyes, and with trembling lips, he murmured, He talked to his best friend
الرد مع إقتباس