قديم 01-09-2008
Faith-Hope_Love Faith-Hope_Love غير متصل

تاريخ التّسجيل: Jul 2008
المشاركات: 35
Faith-Hope_Love is on a distinguished road
مشاركة: Was Barack Obama a Muslim?

Hi Ibrahim

On your first point, the parent effect.

I didn't go as far as saying that barack did anything 'against his will', I'm only saying that any child has their school choices made for them by their parents and somewhat by society, I don't know that this happened in spite of resistance by a 6 year old and I'm not claiming that.

If you have a coptic community around you try asking a handful of older people who went to primary school in egypt whether they learnt the koran in school or not (it is learnt and memorised as literature in arabic class, and studied as a theology in religion class, so even christians would have exposure to islamic teaching in school in their arabic classes).

This, plus the fact that only one of his parents was muslim (his dad) and that his dad disappeared from his life from childhood and forever more, and that he was raised by his mother and grandmother, non-muslims, pretty much wipes out the parent effect argument.

Onto your second point about lying about his dad, can you please give me a reference for that. I wouldn't put it above any politician, including this one, to tell convenient lies to get ahead but I need some proof like a speech of his, or excerpt from his book or even a statement made by his campaign managers and not corrected by him, any original source will do.

On your last point which I think is his suitability to fight the war on terrorism, I seriously think that this obama family issue is so trivial that nobody should be wasting their time with it. If the war on terrorism was my priority, and personally it would be if i was an american voter, then I have plenty of positive reasons to vote for the other fellow, but no reason to either vote for obama or not. Maybe when he starts picking his team I can make a judgement about them but obama himself has almost no record that I can go by, and sketchy family history will just not do as a way of making a decision about a man.

What do you think ?
الرد مع إقتباس