قديم 02-03-2006
jesus_4_us jesus_4_us غير متصل

تاريخ التّسجيل: May 2004
الإقامة: Waiting_4_ place in the Heaven
المشاركات: 858
jesus_4_us is on a distinguished road
Al-Tirmidhi provides the name of the person in question:

Narrated Abdullah ibn Umar

Ghaylan ibn Salamah ath-Thaqafi accepted Islam and that he had ten wives in the pre-Islamic period who accepted Islam along with him; so the Prophet (peace be upon him) told him to keep four and separate from the rest of them.

Ahmad, Tirmidhi and Ibn Majah transmitted it. (Al-Tirmidhi, Number 945 taken from the Alim CD-ROM Version)

We are also told in Sunan of Abu Dawud, Number 922 (Alim CD-ROM Version): Narrated Al-Harith ibn Qays al-Asadi

I embraced Islam while I had eight wives. So I mentioned it to the Prophet (peace be upon him).

The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: Select four of them.

Is this not exhibiting an astonishing measure of hypocrisy on the part of Muhammad?

Some Muslims claim that S. 33:52 forbade Muhammad from marrying any more wives. Yet, this still leaves us with the problem of Muhammad of having more than four wives. Furthermore, some Muslim scholars say that S. 33:52 was actually abrogated. Here are Ibn Kathir's comments regarding S. 33:52:

More than one of the scholars, such as Ibn ‘Abbas, Mujahid, Ad-Dahhak, Qatadah, Ibn Zayd, Ibn Jarir and others stated that this Ayah was revealed as a reward to the wives of the Prophet expressing Allah's pleasure with them for their excellent decision in choosing Allah and His Messenger and the Home of the Hereafter, when the Messenger of Allah gave them the choice, as we have stated above. When they chose the Messenger of Allah their reward was that Allah restricted him to these wives, and forbade him to marry anyone else or to change them for other wives, even if he was attracted to their beauty -apart from slave-girls and prisoners of war, with regard to whom there was no sin on him. THEN ALLAH LIFTED THE RESTRICTION STATED IN THIS AYAH AND PERMITTED HIM TO MARRY MORE WOMEN, but he did not marry anyone else, so that the favor of the Messenger of Allah towards them would be clear.

Imam Ahmad recorded that ‘A’ishah, may Allah be pleased with her, said: ‘The Messenger of Allah did not die until Allah permitted (marriage to other) women for him.’ It was also recorded by At-Tirmidhi and An-Nasa’i in their Sunans.(Tafsir Ibn Kathir, Abridged, Volume 8, Surat Al-Ahzab, Verse 51 to the end of Surat Ad-Dukhan, p. 21; bold and capital emphasis ours)

What is even more astonishing is that S. 33:50 was revealed before 33:52 and yet the earlier verse canceled a verse that came later! The late Iranian Muslim scholar Ali Dashti writes:

"In Zamakhshari's opinion, ‘A’esha’s words show that verse 52 was abrogated by custom and by verse 49 (‘O Prophet, We have made lawful for you ...’). But an abrogating verse ought to come after the abrogated one. Nevertheless Soyuti, in his treatise on Qor’anic problems entitled ol-Etqan, maintains that in this case the earlier verse abrogated the later one." (Dashti, 23 Years: A Study of the Prophetic Career of Mohammad, Mazda Pub; ISBN: 1568590296, p. 128; bold emphasis ours)

Talk about confusion!

Muhammad also separated his wives into two groups. One group he would sleep with more often, while the others he would have sex with only when he liked. Al-Zamakhshari writes:

It is related that the Prophet (refrained from sexual intercourse and) put off temporarily the following wives: Sauda, Juwairiya. Safiyya, Maimuna, and Umm Habiba. In so doing he used to grant them a share (of sexual intercourse) according TO HIS WISH. Among the wives whom the Prophet preferred to take to himself belong ‘A’isha, Hafsa, Umm Salama, and Zainab (bint Jash). Thus, he used to put five off temporarily in order to take four to himself. (On the other hand) it is related that, disregarding divorce and the selection concerned with it, the Prophet treated (all his wives) the same, with the exception of Sauda, who relinquished the night

belonging to her to ‘A’isha and said (to the Prophet): ‘Do not divorce me but let me remain in thecompany of your wives!’ ... (Helmet Gatje, The Qur'an and Its Exegesis, translated and edited byAlford T. Welch [Oneworld Publications, Oxford England], pp. 90-91; bold and capital emphasisours)

Narrated 'Urwa from 'Aisha:The wives of Allah's Apostle were in two groups. One group consisted of 'Aisha, Hafsa, Safiyyaand Sauda; and the other group consisted of Um Salama and the other wives of Allah's Apostle.

The Muslims knew that Allah's Apostle loved 'Aisha, so if any of them had a and wishedto give to Allah's Apostle, he would delay it, till Allah's Apostle had come to 'Aisha's homeand then he would send his to Allah's Apostle in her home. The group of Um Salamadiscussed the matter together and decided that Um Salama should request Allah's Apostle to tellthe people to send their s to him in whatever wife's house he was. Um Salama told Allah'sApostle of what they had said, but he did not reply. Then they (those wives) asked Um Salamaabout it. She said, "He did not say anything to me." They asked her to talk to him again. Shetalked to him again when she met him on her day, but he gave no reply. When they asked her, shereplied that he had given no reply. They said to her, "Talk to him till he gives you a reply." Whenit was her turn, she talked to him again. He then said to her, "Do not hurt me regarding Aisha, ASTHE DIVINE INSPIRATIONS DO NOT COME TO ME ON ANY OF THE BEDSEXCEPT THAT OF AISHA." On that Um Salama said, "I repent to Allah for hurting you."Then the group of Um Salama called Fatima, the daughter of Allah's Apostle and sent her toAllah's Apostle to say to him, "Your wives request to treat them and the daughter of AbuBakr on equal terms." Then Fatima conveyed the message to him. The Prophet said, "O mydaughter! Don't you love whom I love?" She replied in the affirmative and returned and toldthem of the situation. They requested her to go to him again but she refused. They then sentZainab bint Jahsh who went to him and used harsh words saying, "Your wives request you totreat them and the daughter of Ibn Abu Quhafa on equal terms." On that she raised hervoice and abused 'Aisha to her face so much so that Allah's Apostle looked at 'Aisha to seewhether she would retort. 'Aisha started replying to Zainab till she silenced her. The Prophetthen looked at 'Aisha and said, "She is really the daughter of Abu Bakr." (Sahih Al-Bukhari,Volume 3, Book 47, Number 755)
الرد مع إقتباس