Ibrahim Al Copti Ibrahim Al Copti غير متصل

تاريخ التّسجيل: May 2005
المشاركات: 2,143
Ibrahim Al Copti is on a distinguished road
مشاركة: Was Barack Obama a Muslim?

Dear Faith-Hope_Love

Hi Again
إقتباس:
If you have a coptic community around you try asking a handful of older people who went to primary school in egypt whether they learnt the koran in school or not (it is learnt and memorised as literature in arabic class, and studied as a theology in religion class, so even christians would have exposure to islamic teaching in school in their arabic classes).
I think u still miss my point
no Coptic would learn the Koran as a Muslim
Barak practiced Islam as a Muslim
as Daniel Pipes put in his article

إقتباس:
The childhood friends say Obama sometimes went to Friday prayers at the local mosque. "We prayed but not really seriously, just following actions done by older people in the mosque. But as kids, we loved to meet our friends and went to the mosque together and played," said Zulfin Adi. … Obama's younger sister, Maya Soetoro, said in a statement released by the campaign that the family attended the mosque only "for big communal events," not every Friday
So he was a practicing Muslim when he was a child

on your comment
إقتباس:
This, plus the fact that only one of his parents was muslim (his dad) and that his dad disappeared from his life from childhood and forever more, and that he was raised by his mother and grandmother, non-muslims, pretty much wipes out the parent effect argument.
This is a very subjective argument
because we do not know how much effect his father had on him
If he managed to write a book on his FATHER

it is reasonable to think that HE had an impact on his life

إقتباس:
Onto your second point about lying about his dad, can you please give me a reference for that.
sorry it is my mistake
I was misunderstood
I did not mean lying about his dad
but about "NEVER" being a Muslim
http://www.barackobama.com/factcheck...ama-not-muslim

That claim is not accurate, if he registered as a Muslim and prayed in a Mosque, celebrated

You could say instead "I practiced Islam but never meant anything to me "

But "never_been_a_Muslim"
ans " never prayed in a mosque"
for me that is a lie .. a big one too

إقتباس:
If the war on terrorism was my priority, and personally it would be if i was an american voter, then I have plenty of positive reasons to vote for the other fellow, but no reason to either vote for obama or not.
in my opinion, an American voter shouldn't take chances and leave a critical issue like that to possibilities

by the way, I have hard times coping with McCain's policy .. especially the economic one
But better save than sorry [concerning B.O. of course]

God bless

مسيحيو الشرق لأجل المسيح
مسيحيو الشرق لأجل المسيح (2)

آخر تعديل بواسطة Ibrahim Al Copti ، 01-09-2008 الساعة 05:18 AM
الرد مع إقتباس