قديم 31-08-2008
Faith-Hope_Love Faith-Hope_Love غير متصل

تاريخ التّسجيل: Jul 2008
المشاركات: 35
Faith-Hope_Love is on a distinguished road
مشاركة: Was Barack Obama a Muslim?

إقتباس:
المشاركة الأصلية بواسطة churchill2 مشاهدة مشاركة
i don't care alot about the isssue of religion and iam sure that most of americans don't also care about it

Hi Churchill2

I did actually read that part of your post before I replied and was openly disagreeing with it (as well as asking you why it appears to you that American's don't pay attention to somebody's religion, I would still like to hear your point of view on that)

The kind of behaviour that you see in American politicians during campaigns like going to churches for photo ops, advertising their links with their spiritual advisers, and making references to god in their speeches is pretty common in America, by comparison this sort of behaviour would look very odd where I am (Australia). I don't think that this is for nought, they obviously understand that by advertising their religion, especially christianity, they'll win more votes.

As for your point about obama's link with islamism, I still think it's very strained. I'm sure I could look up the biographies of some relatively inoffensive people and draw the same 'connection' between them and barbaric ideologies.

For example take Pope Shenouda, I could say with some certainty that his schooling was similarly close to islam as obama's, Pope Shenouda having been schooled in Egypt and Obama in Indonesia, both islamic countries where the quran is part of the school syllabus whether you're a muslim or not.

Or take Pope Benedict who, not by his own choice, was a member of the Hitler youth, but it would very unfair to say that he sympathises with Nazis.

This is why I think obama's schooling, which he had no hand in choosing, is irrelevant to the discussion.
الرد مع إقتباس