تم صيانة المنتدي*** لا تغير فى سياسه من سياسات المنتدى اكتب ما تريد لان هذا حقك فى الكتابه عبر عن نفسك هذه ارائك الشخصيه ونحن هنا لاظهارها
جارى تحميل صندوق البحث لمنتدى الاقباط

العودة   منتدي منظمة أقباط الولايات المتحدة > English Forum > English
التّسجيل الأسئلة الشائعة التقويم جعل جميع المنتديات مقروءة

English English Boards - This board is dedicated to freedom of speech and logical discussions. Copts.com is not responsible for any content posted by the users of the board and disclaims all liabilities

المشاركة في الموضوع

خيارات الموضوع طريقة العرض
قديم 22-05-2005
الصورة الرمزية لـ amoni
amoni amoni غير متصل
Gold User

تاريخ التّسجيل: Nov 2003
الإقامة: في قلب مسيحي
المشاركات: 1,626
amoni is on a distinguished road
what's wrong with american churches..??

"STRONG WORDS - Overseas Leaders"

by Diane

What do Christian leaders in other countries, especially Third World countries, think of Christians and their leaders here in the United States?

The January 2005 issue of Charisma magazine has fascinating remarks by various people in ministry from other countries. Here is a sampling, with their comments edited for brevity. I think there just might be a few general themes here.

From church planter and trainer Natalia Schedrivaya, Russia: "Materialism is the No. 1 enemy of Russian churches. Today pastors are not praying about how to reach those who have not heard the gospel. They are praying, 'God, how can I have a megachurch.' This is where the church in America has been confused. What are our priorities?"

From pastor Sunday Adelaja, Ukraine (largest church of Europe with 30,000 members): "There is not a sense of desperation for God in the United States. [Another] problem I see in the American church involves money. The American church is spending most of its money on things that are not priorities of God. If the church doesn't under- stand the priorities of God before spending its money, then abuse is inevitable."

From the president of the All India Christian Council, Joseph D"Souza (-he does work among the Dalits - the "untouchables"):

"The American church has made four critical errors that account for its lack of substantial growth: 1. American Christians have put God in a comfortable box [so that they might have a comfortable life]. 2. Faith in the United States has become consumer-oriented. What is God going to do for me? 3. There is an inadequate understanding of suffering and persecution. 4. The American church has ignored the fact that it is no longer the epicenter of global Christianity. The activity of the church has moved to the Southern hemisphere.

From pastor Samuel Lee, Holland:

He asks the question, why aren't American churches growing compared to churches in other countries? Here are his conclusions:

1. We must embrace the miraculous. Because America has so many comforts, people don't seem to need miracles. But we need the Holy Spirit's agenda. 2. We must reject Hollywood tendencies. Some churches in the United States look like they are sponsoring fashion shows or TV programs. 3. We must forsake pride. Outsiders read our character, not our bulletins.

Then he says "I wish my American brothers realized how hurtful it is to the cause of Christ when they focus so much on material things."

From pastor Jackson Senyonga, Uganda:

He says there are several key reasons why the American church has not grown as rapidly as churches in Africa: *The American church is more program-oriented than 'presence- oriented' *The people come to church on their terms and pastors serve those terms rather than God. *America has no time for God. *The American church suffers from prayerlessness.

From overseer of the African-based RCCG, Enoch Adeboye, Nigeria:

"If the American church is to experience the rapid growth that other parts of the world are currently experiencing, then it must have revival. But revival is expensive. It is not cheap. There is a price to pay for revival. A revival takes us back to the basics of Christian principles that are fast disappearing from the Christian horizon. This includes a disciplined life of sincere holiness and a life devoted to prayer and fasting."

I see some patterns in these statements. For example, too much materialism was mentioned by most of the ministry leaders. It's seeming to me more and more that this is one of the key problems that will ultimately destroy the American church.

I hope we will listen to these people.

Source of article:

"http://fcov.blogspot.com/2005/01/and-nowa-word-from-other-countries.html"
المشاركة في الموضوع

عدد الأعضاء الذي يتصفحون هذا الموضوع : 1 (0 عضو و 1 ضيف)

خيارات الموضوع
طريقة العرض

قوانين المشاركة