تم صيانة المنتدي*** لا تغير فى سياسه من سياسات المنتدى اكتب ما تريد لان هذا حقك فى الكتابه عبر عن نفسك هذه ارائك الشخصيه ونحن هنا لاظهارها
جارى تحميل صندوق البحث لمنتدى الاقباط

العودة   منتدي منظمة أقباط الولايات المتحدة > English Forum > Religious Dialogue Lobby
التّسجيل الأسئلة الشائعة التقويم جعل جميع المنتديات مقروءة

Religious Dialogue Lobby This lobby is used for Religious Dialogue

خيارات الموضوع طريقة العرض
Prev المشاركة السابقة   المشاركة التالية Next
قديم 02-03-2006
jesus_4_us jesus_4_us غير متصل

تاريخ التّسجيل: May 2004
الإقامة: Waiting_4_ place in the Heaven
المشاركات: 858
jesus_4_us is on a distinguished road
flower Muhammad Exposed

Muhammad Exposed

We read the following teachings of the so-called "apostle" from Tarsus, Paul, written in his epistles, as follows:

If possible, so far as it depends on you, be at peace with all men. Never take your own revenge, beloved, but leave room for the wrath of God, for it is written, "Vengeance is Mine, I will repay." (Romans 12:18-19)

Another teaching which Paul had written is

Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. (Col 3:13)

A summary of the above recorded statements by Paul:

+Be at peace with all men.+Never take your own revenge, beloved!+Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another.

We admit that these are all beautiful teachings. The question now, however, is did Paul himself put these very same teachings of his into effect? As it so happens, we beg to differ!

RESPONSE:

Let us highlight one key aspect of Paul's statement which the author conveniently overlooked:

"IF IT IS POSSIBLE, AS FAR AS IT DEPENDS ON YOU, live at peace with everyone. Do not take revenge, my friends, but leave room for God's wrath, for it is written: ‘It is mine to avenge; I will repay,’" Romans 12:18-19

Paul clearly states to seek peace IF IT IS POSSIBLE. Yet, if the circumstances are such that it is not possible, then there is no sin on the part of the individual.

In the following, TTA is going to grossly misapply this passage for the purpose of mockery. We will discuss TTA's interpretation after we have quoted his discussion. Suffice it to say for now, that this verse certainly does not mean that Christians have to agree to everything anyone says or does. It is not about a superficial ‘peace’ that only consists in aquiescing to whatever the other person wants. Paul certainly leaves room for the discipline and rebuking of Christians for disobedience, failure or heretical teaching, as well as opposing and rebuking false believers:

"I urge you, brothers, to watch out for those who cause divisions and put obstacles in your way that are contrary to the teaching you have learned. Keep away from them. For such people are not serving our Lord Christ, but their own appetites. By smooth talk and flattery they deceive the minds of naive people." Romans 16:17-18

"It is actually reported that there is sexual immorality among you, and of a kind that does not occur even among pagans: A man has his father's wife. And you are proud! Shouldn't you rather have been filled with grief and have put out of your fellowship the man who did this? Even though I am not physically present, I am with you in spirit. And I have already passed judgment on the one who did this, just as if I were present. When you are assembled in the name of our Lord Jesus and I am with you in spirit, and the power of our Lord Jesus is present, hand this man over to Satan, so that the sinful nature may be destroyed and his spirit saved on the day of the Lord... I have written you in my letter not to associate with sexually immoral people -not at all meaning the people of this world who are immoral, or the greedy and swindlers, or idolaters. In that case you would have to leave this world. But now I am writing you that you must not associate with anyone who calls himself a brother but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or a slanderer, a drunkard or a swindler. With such a man do not even eat. What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside? God will judge those outside. ‘Expel the wicked man from among you.’" 1 Corinthians 5:1-5, 9-13
الرد مع إقتباس

عدد الأعضاء الذي يتصفحون هذا الموضوع : 3 (0 عضو و 3 ضيف)

خيارات الموضوع
طريقة العرض

قوانين المشاركة