تم صيانة المنتدي*** لا تغير فى سياسه من سياسات المنتدى اكتب ما تريد لان هذا حقك فى الكتابه عبر عن نفسك هذه ارائك الشخصيه ونحن هنا لاظهارها
جارى تحميل صندوق البحث لمنتدى الاقباط

العودة   منتدي منظمة أقباط الولايات المتحدة > English Forum > English
التّسجيل الأسئلة الشائعة التقويم

English English Boards - This board is dedicated to freedom of speech and logical discussions. Copts.com is not responsible for any content posted by the users of the board and disclaims all liabilities

خيارات الموضوع طريقة العرض
Prev المشاركة السابقة   المشاركة التالية Next
قديم 03-10-2005
saweres
GUST

المشاركات: n/a
Grizzly People

today I was watching TV, PrimeTime show , and there was a report about the life and death of Timothy Treadwell , I really liked it ,so I did some research and I thought it would be good to share it with you all.
I found this in wikipedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timothy_Treadwell
Timothy Treadwell (April 29, 1957 – October 5, 2003) was a bear enthusiast who lived among the bears of Katmai National Park Alaska for approximately twelve years. He and his girlfriend Amie Huguenard were killed and partially eaten by grizzly bears on October 5, 2003. Before his death, Treadwell had been highly involved in sharing his findings with the general public. He appeared on the Discovery Channel, Late Show with David Letterman, and Dateline NBC to discuss his experiences. He also traveled the United States to educate schoolchildren about bears. Treadwell founded Grizzly People, a grassroots organization devoted to protecting bears and preserving their wilderness habitat.

Treadwell, a former actor and recovering drug addict, was a self-described eco-warrior. His approach to dealing with grizzly bears was highly controversial, however. Treadwell named many of the bears he encountered, and thought he had developed enough of a relationship with several of them that he could safely touch them. Many wildlife experts objected to his methods, and felt he was too cavalier in his dealings with the bears, and dangerously anthropomorphized them. Needless to say, the manner of his death solidified the opinions of these experts. As rangers had warned Treadwell before his death, two bears were killed in the effort to retrieve his remains and those of his companion. A video camera, with the lens cap in place, was recovered at the site. The video camera had been turned on at some point during the attack, presumably by Huguenard, but the camera only recorded six minutes of audio before running out of tape. Troopers who were at the scene describe the audio as chilling. There are no plans to ever make the recording public.

Grizzly Man, a movie created from new interviews by director Werner Herzog and drawing from over 100 hours of video footage shot by Treadwell during the last five years of his life, premiered at the 2005 Sundance Film Festival. It was co-produced by Discovery Docs, Discovery Channel's theatrical documentary unit, and Lions Gate Films. It was released in theaters on August 12, 2005. Actor Leonardo di Caprio plans to develop, and perhaps star in, a movie about Treadwell's last years.
الرد مع إقتباس

عدد الأعضاء الذي يتصفحون هذا الموضوع : 1 (0 عضو و 1 ضيف)

قوانين المشاركة