تم صيانة المنتدي*** لا تغير فى سياسه من سياسات المنتدى اكتب ما تريد لان هذا حقك فى الكتابه عبر عن نفسك هذه ارائك الشخصيه ونحن هنا لاظهارها
جارى تحميل صندوق البحث لمنتدى الاقباط

العودة   منتدي منظمة أقباط الولايات المتحدة > English Forum > English
التّسجيل الأسئلة الشائعة التقويم جعل جميع المنتديات مقروءة

English English Boards - This board is dedicated to freedom of speech and logical discussions. Copts.com is not responsible for any content posted by the users of the board and disclaims all liabilities

المشاركة في الموضوع

خيارات الموضوع طريقة العرض
قديم 12-01-2006
jesus_4_us jesus_4_us غير متصل

تاريخ التّسجيل: May 2004
الإقامة: Waiting_4_ place in the Heaven
المشاركات: 858
jesus_4_us is on a distinguished road
flower Quiet Moments With God

QUIET MOMENTS WITH GOD

HOLD ON

A little girl was very nervous at the prospect of her first horseback ride, even though she was to be perched behind her grandfather, who was an excellent rider. As her parents helped her onto the horse, she cried, “What do I do? I don’t know how to ride a horse!
I haven’t done this before! What do I do?

Her grandfather said in a reassuring tone, “Don’t worry about the horse or about how to ride it. Just hold on to me.”

What good advice for us today! We thought our day was going to be a “tired-old-nag” sort of day, but it turned out to be a “bucking-bronco” day instead.
On days like that, we need to “just hold on” to our faith in the Lord and stay in the saddle.

One of the foremost ways in which we hold on to the Lord is through constant communication with Him---a continual flow of prayer and praise. We can pray in any place at any time. Even a “thought” prayer turns our will and focus toward the Lord and puts our trust in Him. It is when we lost touch with Lord that we are in danger of ”falling” into panic and the frustration, frenzy, and failure that can com with it.

The Lord knows the end from the beginning of each day, and He knows how long the current upheaval in your life will last. Above all, He knows how to bring you safety through each ”wild ride” keeping you in His divine peace all the way.

When you get in a tight place and every thing goes against you, till it seems you could not hold on a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn.

Always remember that you don’t “ride” the beasts of the life alone. The Lord is with you, and He has the reins firmly in His grasp. Just hold on

WHAT EVER GOD CALLS US TO DO,
HE ALSO MAKES POSSIBLE FOR US TO ACCOMPLISH

الرد مع إقتباس
قديم 14-01-2006

STOP AND THINK

It seems that when you’re in hurry and running late, you hit nothing but red lights. Although they are annoying when we’re racing to an appointment, stoplights are there for our protection.
We need stoplights throughout our day too. Hard work and busy schedules need to be interrupted with time for leisure and reflection. Without it we can become seriously sick with stress-induced illnesses. Time set aside for recreation or relaxation can rejuvenate our spirits. This poem tells us to take time to “stop and stare
What is this life if, full of care,
We have no time to stand and stare,
No time to stand beneath the boughs
And stare as long as sheep or cows.
No time to see, when woods we pass,
Where squirrels hide their nuts in grass.
No time to see, in board daylight,
Streams full of stars, like stars at night.
No time to turn at Beauty’s glance,
And watch her feet, how they can dance.
No time to wait till her mouth can.
Enrich that smile her eyes began.
A poor life this if full of care,
We have no time to stand and stare.

There are two ways of making it through our busy life. One way is to stop thinking. The second is to stop and think. Many people live the first way. They fill every hour with incessant activity. They dare not be alone. There is no time of quiet reflection in their lives. The second way, to stop and think, is to contemplate what life is for and to what end we are living. The word Sabbath literally means,”stop doing what you are doing.

Throughout the day today, give yourself a five or ten minute “mini-vacation.” Get alone, be quiet, and listen for God to speak to you. Make time to be alone with God.

A HAPPY LIFE CONSISTS OF TRANQUILITY OF MIND
الرد مع إقتباس
قديم 21-01-2006

PRAYER PAUSE

A coffee break is a good time for a prayer!
When we pray at the outset of our day, our prayer is often for general guidance and help from the Lord. When we pray in the midst of our day, our prayer is much more likely to be specific and aimed at immediate needs to concerns. By the time a coffee break rolls around, we have a much better idea of what our day holds, including what particular dangers, difficulties, or temptations we are going to face! It is with that knowledge, born of experience, that this prayer of Saint Patrick takes on even greater meaning:

May the wisdom of God instruct me,
The eye of God watch over me,
The ear of God hear me,
The word of God give me sweet talk,
The hand of God defend me,
The way of God guide me,
Christ be with me.
Christ before me.
Christ in me.
Christ under me.
Christ over me.
Christ on my right hand.
Christ on my left hand.
Christ on this side.
Christ on that side.
Christ in the head of everyone to whom I speak.
Christ in the mouth of every person who speak with me.
Christ in the eye of every person who looks upon me.
Christ in the ear of everyone who hear me today.
Amen

Take time in the middle of your day to ask the Lord for His wrap-around presence, His unending encouragement, and His all-sustaining assistance. And in return, be a vessel that carries His presence, encouragement, and assistance to others

DO NOT LOOK UPON THE VESSEL,
BUT UPON WHAT IT HOLDS
الرد مع إقتباس
المشاركة في الموضوع

عدد الأعضاء الذي يتصفحون هذا الموضوع : 1 (0 عضو و 1 ضيف)

خيارات الموضوع
طريقة العرض

قوانين المشاركة